Thursday, February 11, 2010

TO LIST OR NOT TO LIST .....


Let me start by saying that I am definitely not a list maker, but I am intrigued by my friends that are. Especially since they seem to accomplish more things in a day than I do in a week.

Take for instance my friend Josee. I have seen her list. Yes, I have sneaked a peak at it lying on her beautiful countertop. Some things crossed off, other ones waiting to be accomplished. Josee can repaint her kitchen including kitchen cabinets, baseboards, walls and ceiling in a week and it is all there on her list. I am in envy of this.

Mary, my good friend and co-blogger, makes list. When we were roommates in Atlanta on Goodwood Blvd, I remember her lists written on scraps of paper or on old envelopes. She would rush out of the house on her way to work with her list in one hand and her oversized bag in the other. (Now she admits to me that she often loses her list. Not remembering where she left it. A mere oversight, I am sure!!)

There are famous people who make lists also. Look at Santa, he is always "making a list and checking it twice." Then there is David Letterman with his Top 10 List.

So I have come to the conclusion that there must be something to this list making. Having said this, I am ready to start making my lists and finally get things accomplished in my life.

I will start with daily lists. Because I have a hard time keeping my house organized and decluttered, I will make a list to get my house in order. I will start with my bedroom. Here are some before pictures.




My List:

1. Declutter dressers.
2. Update look with new accessories.

I sure do have my work cut out for me. Notice the 1990's huge jewelry box on right corner.
Stay tuned for the after pictures.





No comments:

Post a Comment